Our Aspiring Recreation program is the second 2nd tier of the RVSC Player Development Model. The program strives to prepare the recreational player who aspires to grow and join our competitive program. The program was created to bridge the gap between recreation and competitive soccer. It is for those players who are above the recreation program but not quite ready for competitive soccer. Upon completion of this program, players will be asked to join the 4v4 U8 Competitive Developmental League. This program combines group and individualized instruction from our professional trainers and coaches, maximizing the learning, all in a fun-filled learning environment.
• Enhance skills & techniques needed for competitive play
• Understand and apply field positions
• Learn the game rules and how they apply to players and teams
• Increase confidence as a player and a teammate
• Keeping the fun while growing in skills
• Boys & Girls born: 2012, 2013, 2014
• Participation is limited to 14 players per birth year.
• For players born in 2011 and older, please complete a Tryout form found on the Tryout Page of the RVSC website. You will be contacted with the next steps.
• Experienced recreational players who have played at least 1 season.
• Have aspirations for competitive soccer and may have long-term interest in playing in middle school and beyond.
• One session per week beginning in December thru the end of February.
• At the conclusion of the programs players are placed on new or existing competitive teams based on skills and team rosters.
2020 dates are Sundays: (10 sessions)
1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23, 3/1, 3/8
Sessions are 75 minutes in length
All sessions are held at the St. Lawrence Sports Complex Indoor Bubble.
Uniform: Players wear their RVSC recreation program shorts and socks.
Needs Players must wear soccer cleats, shin-guards, and bring an age-appropriate soccer ball.
For questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org