Our Aspiring Competitive Player Development program is the second 2nd tier of the RVSC Player Development Model. The program strives to prepare the recreational player who aspires to grow and join our competitive program. The program was created to bridge the gap between recreation and competitive soccer. It is for those players who are above the recreation program but not quite ready for competitive soccer. Upon completion of this program, players will be asked to join one of our competitive teams. This program combines group and individualized instruction from our professional trainers and coaches, maximizing the learning, all in a fun-filled learning environment.
• Enhance skills & techniques needed for competitive play
• Understand and apply field positions
• Learn the game rules and how they apply to players and teams
• Increase confidence as a player and a teammate
• Keeping the fun while growing in skills
• Boys & Girls born: 2013, 2014, and 2015
• Experienced recreational players who have played at least 1 season.
• Have aspirations for competitive soccer and may have long-term interest in playing in middle school and beyond.
• The Summer Program has one session per week, for 6 weeks, beginning in July.
• The Winter Program has one session per week, for 6 weeks, beginning in January.
• At the conclusion of the program, players are placed on new or existing competitive teams based on skills and team rosters.
Summer 2022 dates: 7/14, 7/20, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10, 8/18.
Winter 2023 dates: 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11.
Location: All sessions are held at the St. Lawrence Sports Complex.
Uniform: Players wear their RVSC recreation program shorts and socks.
Other Needs: Players must wear soccer cleats, shin-guards, and bring an age-appropriate soccer ball.
To register, please click the following registration link.
Director of Coaching